A year with WEVTU's long-term Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. Maxima and its outstanding “VQ” 3L DOHC V-6 has passed as quickly as with any long-termer we can remember. The VQ is a five-consecutive-year Ten Best Engines winner. How did it do after rolling through a year of cold starts in battery-draining blizzards and searing summer days? In a word: fabulously. Since April 1998, the staff managed to rack up almost 40,000 miles — 39,856 (62,694 km) to be exact — on the Maxima. That's a lot of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nissan VQ 3L DOHC V-6" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.