TOLEDO, OH – Production of the new ’07 Dodge Nitro midsize SUV should provide a welcome boost to the sagging capacity utilization rate at Chrysler Group’s truck and activity-vehicle plants, Ward’s data suggests. Chrysler adds a third shift Aug. 21 at its Toledo North assembly complex as it pushes toward a daily output of 1,157 vehicles, a target the auto maker hopes to reach within two weeks. “It’s a big endeavor for us,” says Byron M. Green, vice president-truck and activity vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Nitro Launch Just in Time to Boost Chrysler Capacity Utilization" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.