Don’t expect airbag makers to see a profit windfall because of growing concerns over SUV rollovers, crash compatibility concerns says Autoliv Inc. Despite all the publicity and the rantings of safety advocates, public awareness and interest in purchasing safety devices such as side-curtain airbags is not high and does not appear to be growing swiftly, an Autoliv spokesman says. Current installation rates are running only at 15% – a disappointment to suppliers and vehicle manufacturers (see ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"No Heady Days for Airbag Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.