Despite early overtures that absenteeism would occupy much of its time at the bargaining table, Ford Motor Co. stands pat in its agreement with the United Auto Workers. (See related story: Ford Targets White-Collar Jobs, Blue-Collar Absenteeism) The auto maker’s newly ratified contract with the UAW contains no new provisions to deal with an issue believed to affect up to 5% of the industry’s total work force. Ford does not quantify the severity of its problem. The auto maker ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"No New Absenteeism Remedy for Ford" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.