PALO ALTO, CA – Despite rumors to the contrary, Hyundai Motor America President and CEO John Krafcik says the auto maker has zero interest in offering a pickup truck in the U.S. market. At the media introduction of the Equus luxury sedan here, Krafcik tells Ward’s he is puzzled by periodic speculation about Hyundai introducing a pickup truck. He says the auto maker never seriously has considered making such a move and that a pickup does not fit with the auto maker’s brand and market ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"No Pickup Trucks Coming From Hyundai" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.