CHICAGO – Most auto makers would kill to start a new brand that beats internal annual sales projections year after year. Such is the case with Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.’s Scion marque. Mark Templin, Scion vice president, says the ascendancy of the youth-oriented brand, rolled out nationally in 2004, has been unnervingly trouble-free. To preserve the brand’s quirky cachet, Scion is not planning any television advertising for its new ’08 xB cross/utility vehicle and xD subcompact, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"No TV Spots for New Scion xB, xD to Preserve Brand's Cachet" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.