CHICAGO – General Motors Corp. insiders say there was heated debate whether the upcoming Pontiac Solstice should be offered with a 6-cyl. engine. A 6-cyl., the argument goes, would give the 2-seat roadster more performance appeal. GM isn't ruling out a turbocharged or supercharged engine for Solstice. But don't look for it to happen, insists Jim Queen, vice president-North American engineering for GM. "Solstice isn't meant for a 6-cyl.," Queen says, noting that the small, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"No V-6 in Cards for Solstice" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.