TRW buys LucasVarity CLEVELAND — TRW Inc., a supplier of air bags, seatbelts and other car parts, acquires London-based brake maker LucasVarity plc for US$7 billion. The acquisition comes on the heels of LucasVarity's rejection of a US$6.5 billion cash and stock offer from Federal-Mogul Corp. of Southfield, Michigan. TRW calls the deal the largest cash transaction in the automotive supply industry, a transaction which amounts to about US$47.35 a share. The combined company is expected to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NORTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.