Eaton to exit DaimlerChrylser DETROIT — Robert J. Eaton, 59, co-chairman of DaimlerChrylser AG announces he will retire March 31. He departs a little more than a year after presiding over U.S. No.3 automaker Chrysler Corp.'s US$38 billion merger with Germany's Daimler-Benz AG in May 1998. Since then, he has shared the top spot with Juergen Schrempp, who will continue to run the company. Eaton, who had said that he would stay a maximum of three years, depending on the speed of integration ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NORTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.