Honda to build new Civic in U.K. for N.A. DETROIT — Honda Motor Co. Ltd. will build 3-door Civic hatchbacks for North America at its U.K. factory in Swindon beginning early next year. Exports of the car from the U.K. to Japan start this fall. Civics on their way from Swindon to North America will be joined on the boat by CR-V sport/utilities in a program announced earlier. The U.S. and Canada will consume about 15,000 Civic Si 3-doors, with a 2.0L, 160-hp. engine, and are the only markets ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NORTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.