Firestone tire fiasco far from over DETROIT — The Wilderness tire debacle will continue, industry insiders say, likely adding to Ford Motor Co. coffers and threatening the existence of the Firestone brand. Bridgestone/Firestone Inc. says its decision to replace nearly 900,000 tires deemed defective by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. demonstrates a resolve to "move forward." NHTSA has declared 3.5 million Firestone Wilderness tires are subject to tread separation, but the tire ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"North America" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642