BMW to invest in Alabama plant SPARTANBURG, South Carolina, U.S.A. — BMW AG plans to invest US$300 million to expand its sport/utility vehicle (SUV) plant here and add 500 workers. The amount, which will be invested during the next several years, is equal to the company's initial investment. The expansion will provide the flexibility needed for the preparation and production of new models being developed, says Norbert Reithofer, BMW board member responsible for worldwide production. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NORTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642