GM says Cadillac really No.2 DETROIT — General Motors Corp. admits that Cadillac Div. inflated its December sales report in order to beat Lincoln out for No.1 in luxury vehicle sales in 1998. GM says an internal audit shows Cadillac pumped up its December sales by 4,773 units — 2,103 Escalades, 167 Eldorados, 2,243 DeVilles, 121 Sevilles and 139 Cateras — in order to edge Lincoln by 222 vehicles for the 1998 sales crown. GM says Cadillac has been under-reporting its sales in January-April ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NORTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.