Ford plans new V-6, will build more V-8s DEARBORN — Ford Motor Co. plans to build an all-new family of V-6 engines to replace the 3.0L Vulcan in the Taurus and the solid, but low-tech, 3.8L V-6 currently offered in the Windstar, WAI has learned. The engine is just one in a series of new engine developments now underway at Ford. The company also plans to announce later this month a major boost in V-8 engine production at its Windsor, Ontario, Canada, engine plant — the second time it has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NORTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.