DaimlerChrysler drops plans for full-size SUV AUBURN HILLS — DaimlerChrysler Corp. kills plans for a full-size sport/utility vehicle (SUV) (codename DR74) off the Dodge Ram platform for 2004. The decision to drop DR74 is said to be a proactive cost-cutting move. DC officials will not confirm the cancellation of DR74 (a future product they did not confirm existed in the first place). But an official says a Ram SUV is a proposal that has been “on and off again for several years,” dating back ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"NORTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.