Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s new Veracruz cross/utility vehicle sold in North America is not affected by a recall ordered by South Korea’s ministry of construction and transportation. The recall affects 6,286 Veracruz diesel models that failed government crash tests. The ministry reports that in head-on collision testing the fuel pump was damaged and could result in fuel leakage outside the engine compartment. Hyundai invested $233 million over 49 months to develop its first-ever 3L V-6 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"North America Not Included in Veracruz Recall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.