North American auto makers will build 7.3% more vehicles in May than they did a year ago, but it likely will be one of the few gains the industry will see for the remainder of the year. Both capacity utilization and manufacturers’ use of their available straight-time production will increase in May. Ward’s forecasts May vehicle production, including medium- and heavy-duty trucks, at 1.505 million units, 7.3% ahead of year-ago. Although most assembly plants had an extra workday this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"North America Output, Capacity Utilization to Rise in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.