In what will be a record year for North American light vehicle production, an estimated 6.9% of assembly plant hours worked will be overtime, according to a Ward's analysis. Of the estimated 357,911 hours North American workers will spend tending to light vehicle assembly lines this year, 24,584 will be on overtime. Of the Top Six manufacturers, Ford Motor Co. leads the way with its overtime hours equal to 12.9% of total hours worked, followed by DaimlerChrysler AG (including Mercedes) at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"North American Assembly Plants Pile on OT; Big 3 Top Overtime List" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.