North American manufacturers pretty much are staying the course in May by building close to planned output set at the beginning of the month, Ward’s estimate shows. May production is estimated to be tracking at a final total of 1.363 million units, equal to 99.6% of the original schedule. (See related data: Ward's North American Estimated Production by Manufacturer and Country) However, overbuilds at DaimlerChrysler Corp.’s Chrysler Group, Toyota Motor Mfg. North America Inc. and some ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"North American Auto Makers Tracking Close to Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.