North American fourth-quarter vehicle output is taking another hit this month, with 204,600 units wiped from the slate. That tally includes a sharp October underbuild, estimated at 63,800 vehicles, or 5% of plan, much of it due to parts shortages related to recent floods in Thailand. Related document: North America Production Schedule Q4 Those floods have swamped supplier plants feeding subassemblies to several Japanese auto makers in North America, most notably Honda and Toyota. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"North American Auto Output Takes Another Hit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.