North American light-vehicle manufacturers will improve on their year-ago capacity utilization rate for the fourth consecutive quarter in the October-December period. The performance will cap off a year of rebound in which capacity utilization is projected to finish at 79.0%, up from 2001’s 74.0%. Last year’s results marked a sharp decline from 2000’s 83.3%. (view related data: Ward's NA 4th Quarter Capacity) Ward’s projects the fourth-quarter utilization rate at 76.4%, well ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"North American Automotive Capacity Utilization to Rise in 4Q" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.