DETROIT – Production capacity utilization for North American light-vehicle assembly plants increased on a year-to-year basis in first-quarter 2002 after six straight declines. But based on scheduled production, the capacity utilization rate for the second quarter will decline from the same year-ago period despite an increase in production. (view related data: NA Capacity.xls)Ward’s estimates that light-vehicle production in first-quarter 2002 equaled a 78.6% capacity utilization rate, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"North American Capacity Utilization Increases First Time in Six Quarters" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.