North American manufacturers will underbuild their schedules for the third consecutive month in February, although the bottom line for the month's results is that production remains strong (see data p.7). The estimated output also means a downward revision to the inventory projection for domestically made vehicles for Feb. 29 (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Feb. 14, '00, p.1), but still leaves them at long-time high levels. Ward's estimates February production will total 1.580 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"North American Manufacturers Set for February Underbuild, But Output Up 8%" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642