The United Auto Workers union says more than 80% of employees at Freightliner LLC facilities in Cleveland, NC, and Mt. Holly, NC, voted in favor of union representation in May 1 elections. Since January, a majority of workers at five Freightliner sites in the U.S. have voted for union representation. The UAW, which now represents more than 4,000 Freightliner workers in the U.S., says its Freightliner drive is the most successful industrial union organizing drive in the country since 1999.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"North Carolina Freightliner Workers Vote for UAW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.