DETROIT – OnStar works. That’s the message from OnStar President Chet Huber, who says the telematics service fast is becoming a big plus for General Motors Corp. and a huge competitive advantage others will have a difficult time matching – if they are even bold enough to try. Now in its 10th year in operation, OnStar is on the verge of hitting the 4 million mark in active subscribers, which it expects to do this month, and the service is proving a key selling point in new-car showrooms, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Now 10 Years Old, OnStar Appears on Firm Ground at GM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.