U.S. President Barack Obama lays out a sobering survival plan today for General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC, blaming the auto makers’ woes on failed leadership but offering additional government support and suggesting the companies can reinvent themselves to make the U.S. the world leader in building the cars of tomorrow. “These efforts, as essential as they are, will not make things better overnight,” Obama says in an address this morning from the White House and broadcast on C-SPAN. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Obama Backs GM, Chrysler, Despite Failure to Meet Restructuring Demands" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.