AAA Motor Club branches in St. Louis and Chicago have asked the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), by way of a letter dated Oct. 29, 2001, to "spare Illinois motorists the risk of unnecessary and expensive repairs with questionable benefit and use OBD II (emissions) testing only as an advisory or fast pass test." AAA drives its point home by saying that a state vehicle emissions test based solely on individual vehiclesâ onboard diagnostics (OBD) information "is ripe for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OBD emissions test âripe for ripoffâ" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.