Charles Rhodes, supervisor of the Wisconsin I/M-240 emissions testing program, says, “The state could begin use of OBD-II (onboard emissions diagnostics) now to replace the current I/M-240 test,” but he adds, “We will not begin until the middle of next year because we don't have to.” He says he understands New York will switch to OBD-II, rather than tailpipe testing, beginning next year. Mr. Rhodes says it has taken several months to work out the computerized information for all of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OBD-II now able to replace dyno emissions tests" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.