Questions surrounding the proposal to have vehicle OBD (onboard diagnostic) information automatically broadcast via transponders to “listening stations” operated for environmental regulators will be aired early next month at the coming Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Congress & Exposition in Detroit. The most likely pressing issue will be whether automatic broadcast of any information about a motorist's vehicle would violate privacy concerns — notwithstanding government agency ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OBD-III debate set for SAE" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.