DETROIT – Owens Corning Automotive this fall plans to roll out a new thermal and acoustic insulating material that will reduce vehicle weight and perform better than fabrics commonly used by auto makers, a company executive tell Ward's. The supplier plans to provide its VersaMat 1000 thermoplastic technology in applications such as headliners, door panels, under-hood applications, trunk storage systems and under-carpet heat shields, says Andy Hopkins, general manager-Owens ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OC Pushes New Insulating Material" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.