DETROIT – The lockout of dockworkers on the West Coast early in October took a chunk out of North American production for the month. But increases to the November and December production schedule at Ford Motor Co. and a heavy October overbuild by General Motors Corp. will keep the fourth quarter close to what was planned a month ago. Fourth-quarter North American output is scheduled at 4.011 million units, about 6,600 units less than the month-ago plan but 2.7% more than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"October Production Shortfall Nearly Offset by November-December Gains" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.