This month’s North American vehicle production likely will break the million-unit mark for the first time since October 2008, as auto makers strive to restore depleted inventories. In recent weeks, auto makers announced they collectively will add 116,000 units to previous production schedules for the fourth quarter. Ward’s is forecasting a total North America vehicle build in October of 1,030,000 cars and trucks, down 11% from like-2008 and up 6.5% from September. September monthly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OEM Production Hikes Continue as Inventories Stuck at Near-Record Lows" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.