AUBURN HILLS, MI – The rash of auto suppliers filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection is by no means the fault of OEMs, Chrysler Group’s top purchasing executive says. Several notable suppliers, including Collins & Aikman Corp., Meridian Automotive Systems Inc. and Tower Automotive Inc., have filed for bankruptcy protection in recent months to stave off potential closure. (See related story: C&A Bankruptcy Chills Interiors Show) The chaos comes as auto makers demand further ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OEMs Not Responsible for Supplier Bankruptcies" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.