General Motors Corp. will build a midsize version of the Avalanche sport/utility pickup for its GMC division at its Oklahoma City assembly plant, sources tell Ward’s. Codenamed GMT305, the crossover — unlike Avalanche — will feature an open-air retractable notchback over the cargo area, sources indicate. Ron Zarrella, president of GM North America, gave a quick glimpse of the vehicle during a presentation last week in kicking off the Special Equipment Market Assn. show in Las Vegas. Mr. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OK City to Build Mini Avalanche" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.