OKAZAKI, Japan – A recent look inside Mitsubishi Motors Corp.’s assembly plant here reveals a potpourri of kaizen activities, big and small, resulting in significant savings and contributing to the Colt small car’s slim, but solid profit margins. Mitsubishi builds Colt at upgraded plant in Okazaki. The plant, located in Aichi prefecture in the heart of Toyota Motor Corp. country, produces the Colt wagon, which went on sale last November and is selling well in excess of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Okazaki Plant Efficiencies Key to Colt Profits, MMC Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.