WOLFSBURG â€“ Among the first things a visitor will notice after entering Volkswagen AGâ€™s assembly plant here â€“ besides its size â€“ is the constant din. With 99 miles (160 km) of moving chain overhead, stamping, assembly and components lines all humming and some 20,000 people scurrying about on foot or via one of 1,970 transport vehicles and roughly 7,000 bicycles in service, the Wolfsburg plant is a veritable beehive of activity and nothing if not noisy. The worldâ€™s largest vehicle factory ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Old World Feel to VWâ€™s Vertically Integrated Wolfsburg Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.