Sources close to General Motors Corp. tell Ward's that GM will halt production of its 3.5L Twin Cam V-6 engine sometime in the '02 model year. And since the 3.5L Twin Cam is the only engine used in the Oldsmobile Intrigue, the death of the engine — launched for the '99 model year — means the Intrigue is the first Olds product for which an expiration date now is known: if 3.5L Twin Cam production ends in '02, there will not be an '03 Intrigue. A GM source confirms that the engine — and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Olds Intrigue Dies With Loss of V-6 Engine" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.