NEW YORK – OnStar is one of the top 10 reasons buyers purchase a General Motors Corp. vehicle, says Chet Huber, president of GM’s telematics service operations. Although he can’t provide numbers on how many customers purchase GM vehicles specifically because of the availability of OnStar, he says that competitive advantage is a big reason he is not too active in marketing the service to other auto makers. At present, Honda Motor Co. Ltd.’s Acura is the only non-GM brand to offer OnStar – ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OnStar Chief Says System Draws Customers to GM" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.