DETROIT -- General Motors Corp. will begin offering OnStar and its Personal Calling and Virtual Advisor services in Mexico sometime next year, a top executive tells Ward’s. “We have to do some network building in Mexico, because we use Verizon (Wireless) here in the U.S. So we’ve got to get with a couple of the networks down there (in Mexico),” says e-GM President Mark Hogan. “We’re still working on that part of the deal.” Other challenges must be resolved as well. “Mapping is one,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"OnStar to Enter Mexico in 2002" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.