VIENNA – General Motors Poland launches production of the new Opel Astra GTC 3-door hatchback at its plant in Gliwice, Poland. Adam Opel invested some €75.1 million ($103 million) to prepare the facility. Production was scheduled to begin in January, but customer interest prompted Opel to move it up by three months. “After eight days we will reach (production) of 17 cars an hour,” says Andrzej Korpak, managing director-GM Poland. Output can be increased to 19 an hour if needed. Plans ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel Astra GTC Production Launches in Poland" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.