VIENNA – Opel Austria Powertrain GmbH, the Vienna-based engine and transmission plant, changes its name to General Motors Powertrain-Austria GmbH. The name change is one of the results of the General Motors Corp.-Fiat Auto SpA divorce that took place earlier this year. (See related story: Opel Austria Powertrain Sees No Impact From GM-Fiat Divorce) Opel Austria plant gets renamed. The plant launched production of the new M20/32 6-speed transmission in April 2004 and manufactured ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel Austria Changes Name, Will Add Third Shift" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.