VIENNA – Austrian engine and transmission plant Opel Austria Powertrain GmbH, a division of the Fiat-GM Powertrain joint venture, celebrates its 20-year anniversary this year. Since 1982 the plant has produced about 7.5 million engines, 12.5 million transmissions and 2.5 million cylinder heads. Current capacity is 570,000 engines and 1.2 million transmissions annually. Over the last 20 years, General Motors Corp. has invested $1.68 billion in its Vienna-based plant. Another $296 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel Austria Powertrain Celebrates 20 Years of Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.