VIENNA – Opel Austria Powertrain GmbH, a Fiat-GM Powertrain company, is preparing to retool its plant here to accommodate production of a new 6-speed transmission family in 2004. The M 20/32 gearbox will hike production capacity by about 200,000 units to about 1.38 million transmissions annually. The ability to make room for higher production volumes without expanding the physical facility is a big advantage for the Vienna plant. About 50% of new transmission production will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel Austria to Retool for New 6-Speed Transmission" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642