ANTWERP, Belgium – It was a little over a year ago when managers at Adam Opel AG’s assembly plant here got the bad news. Opel was under pressure from parent General Motors Corp. to cut costs and improve capacity utilization, meaning job cuts. Opel’s Antwerp, Belgium, plant develops leading productivity enhancements. The facility was one of three producing the aging Opel Astra, and sales of that model were in a downward spiral. Newly appointed Plant Manager Diana Tremblay, who ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel Belgium Leads Way for GME Productivity Boost" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.