General Motors Corp.’s Opel Belgium subsidiary will boost production of the Astra at its Antwerp production facility. The move is the result of better-than-anticipated demand for the car in Europe. GM wants output increased by an additional 5,000 units, bringing production at the plant to a projected 265,000 units this year. Opel Belgium says it is working with its trade unions to determine how many more cars can be built under the current union contract. firstname.lastname@example.org
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel to Boost Belgium Astra Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.