General Motors Corp.’s Adam Opel AG will halt production of the Corsa subcompact car at its Eisenach, Germany, plant for 11 days in October due to slow sales. The Eisenach plant employs 1,800 workers. In 2003, the factory produced more than 127,000 Corsas and nearly 40,000 Astra midsize cars, according to GM. Astra output at Eisenach is not being reduced as part of the planned production cuts.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel Cutting Corsa Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.