VIENNA – Adam Opel GmbH will begin selling vehicles under the Opel brand in Chile next year. Chile will be the first country in Latin America to relaunch the Opel brand. General Motors Co.’s German subsidiary will have direct business control over a dedicated Opel team that will be supported by General Motors Chile S.A. Opel-badged cars have been sold in some South American countries in the past. “German automotive engineering has a high appeal in South America, and we are glad to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel to Export to Chile, Other Non-European Markets to Follow" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.