RUSSELSHEIM, Germany — Adam Opel AG will increase production of Zafira microvans and stop sales of its U.S.-made Sintra minivan. Opel plans to build 145,000 Zafiras this year, up from 120,000 it had previously planned to build at its plant in Bochum, Germany. Output will increase to 200,000 units next year when the plant reaches full capacity. Production of the vehicle started in January and will reach its 900-unit daily capacity in August. Opel hopes to meet expected high demand with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel increases Zafira production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.