VIENNA – Volume production of the Opel Astra is under way at Adam Opel’s main plant in Russelsheim, Germany. Opel invested some E51 million ($73 million) to add output of the fourth-generation Astra 5-door hatchback at the facility. Russelsheim is expected to reach Astra’s installed capacity of 20 cars an hour in mid-September. In addition, the plant manufactures 40 Insignia cars an hour, building three different body styles of the bigger model. However, while Russelsheim is in launch ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opel Launches Astra Output in Russelsheim" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.