FRANKFURT â Adam Opel GmbH launches a 160-hp Insignia â built on the same platform as the Chevrolet Malibu and Pontiac G6 â that achieves 46 mpg (5.1 L/100 km). The 177-hp Malibu that weighs about the same as the Insignia gets 22 mpg (10.7 L/100 km). The big difference is a modern 2.0L DCTI diesel vs. a 2.4L Ecotec gasoline engine, plus a 6-speed manual transmission vs. a 4-speed automatic, but the improvements Opel has made also show the extent to which European auto makers are working ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Opelâs New EcoFlex Insignia Doubles Mileage of U.S. Malibu" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.